Its not BBQ: Its toffee, its chocolate, its salty, its sweet and its great. I would like to thank JB on Youtube for the inspiration.
- 1 package saltine crackers
- 2 sticks (8oz) unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray lightly with oil.
- Layout the saltines across the sheet to cover.
- Over medium heat, melt the butter and brown sugar together. The mixture will start to boil.
- When the mixture reaches 300°F turn off the heat. Add the vanilla extract and salt.
- Quickly pour the mixture over the crackers and spread evenly.
- Place in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the chocolate chips.
- Once the chips are soft spread them evenly.
- Once fully cooled break and serve.
Warning: This stuff is crack. My wife had to take the leftovers to work before we made ourselves sick.